[Greasemonkey] XPCOM with Greasemonkey

chris feldmann cfeldmann at gmail.com
Sun Apr 23 13:41:45 EDT 2006

On 4/23/06, Deepak Jois <deepak.jois at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All
> I tried looking for a search feature on the mailing list, but could not find it.
>
> Is it possible for GreaseMonkey user scripts to execute methods in a
> C++ XPCOM component? For example, I want GreaseMonkey to enrypt a
> textarea, but use an external program for the actualy encryption
> proceess.
>
> Thanks
> --

Search (google):
SEARCH TERMS HERE site:http://mozdev.org/pipermail/greasemonkey/

You don't have privileges to instantiate XPCOM components from
userscripts. You need to make an extension for that. But there are
many javascript hashing and encryption implementations [1][2][3].

[1]http://pajhome.org.uk/crypt/md5/
[2]http://home.versatel.nl/MAvanEverdingen/Code/
[3]http://decafbad.com/trac/browser/trunk/S3Ajax/js/sha1.js
etc.