[Greasemonkey] Including External Scripts.

Jeremy Dunck jdunck at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 18:05:06 EST 2006

On 2/20/06, Christopher E. Granade <cgranade at greens.org> wrote:

> How do I include an external script from a Greasemonkey User Script? I
> would like to use function provided in libraries, but seeing as how
> there is not a <script /> element available, I don't know how to do so
> other than the particularly ugly hack of adding a <script src="" />
> element to every page's DOM.

This is an often-requested feature, and one we plan to implement, but
unfortunately, for now, adding scripts to the content DOM may be your
best option.  You could also insert the whole library into your script
with a macro processor.

(The feature is called GM_import, and this is the latest state of things:
http://mozdev.org/pipermail/greasemonkey/2006-January/thread.html#7403
)