[Greasemonkey] Mark my links: an E4X example

chris feldmann cfeldmann at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 22:17:59 EST 2006

On 3/1/06, Jeremy Dunck <jdunck at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2/28/06, Johan Sundström <oyasumi at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I played around a bit with Mor Roses' kindly provided E4X to DOM node
> > code over the weekend and tossed up an ambitious tool to add favicons
> > to links pointing your way.
>
> Very cool, Johan.

That is a very interesting script, if not in itself all that useful to
me as no one really links to me. It looks, at a glance, like you might
have provisionally solved the whole innerHTML vs. DOM dilemma using
e4x in your append_to function (at least for XHTML)? At least you are
appending  XML intermixed with javascript variables in one fell swoop
and if it doesn't solve the dilemma, it makes a lot of things I can
think of a lot more convenient. Not that I personally have big issues
with just using innerHTML where appropriate....

I am also enamored of your event handler construct.
In theory.