[Greasemonkey] What is GM_executeContentScript?

Jeremy Dunck jdunck at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 10:42:45 EST 2006

On 3/12/06, Mark Pilgrim <pilgrim at gmail.com> wrote:
> At the moment, I'm trying to update the API section, and I came across
> an API function called GM_executeContentScript.  I can find no
> reference to this function in the mailing list archives.  It is not
> documented on <http://greasemonkey.mozdev.org/authoring.html>.

Right now, it's only in CVS head.  Aaron did a major refactoring after
0.6.4 (as well as adding features), but apparently stalled before
making another release.  Honestly, I haven't looked closely at the
code since 0.6.4, so your understanding is as good as mine-- I think
your assessment is correct, but using GM_execute... is somehow safer
than simply calling unsafeWindow.someContentFunction() (which is
indeed unsafe).

I'll poke Aaron; sorry for the slow response.

  -Jeremy