[Greasemonkey] issues packaging greasemonkey

Michael Spang mike at midgard.no-ip.org
Mon Mar 13 16:22:08 EST 2006

Hello upstream!

I am trying to prepare a greasemonkey package for Debian. Building
from the release XPI was a no-go, and acquiring the source tree for
this release is quite problematic under the current system.

Would you consider distributing source tarballs along with releases? Or,
at the very least, allow the guest account to check out this tag on CVS.
This fails for reasons I do not fully understand (shown below). It appears
to be a problem with access restrictions.

>$ cvs status -v install.rdf
>File: install.rdf       Status: Up-to-date

>   Existing Tags:
>        v0_6_4                          (revision: 1.25.2.13)
>
>$ cvs update -r v0_6_4
>cvs update: User 'guest' cannot access
>cvs update: User 'guest' cannot access chrome
>cvs update: User 'guest' cannot access chromeFiles
>cvs update: User 'guest' cannot access components
>cvs update: User 'guest' cannot access content
>cvs update: User 'guest' cannot access idl
>cvs update: User 'guest' cannot access locale
>cvs update: User 'guest' cannot access perl
>cvs [update aborted]: no such tag v0_6_4

Thanks!
Michael Spang