[MacEd] How to export messages?

Biju G C bijumaillist at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 1 19:02:08 EST 2003

Stephan Eberle (Sun Sep 28 09:47:58 EDT 2003) wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm new to Thunderbird and wish to export _ALL_ Mails in a Folder using
> the "Save as..."-function (CTRL-S) to a folder on harddrive (eg. c:\junk ).
> I need this to have my SpamAssassin learn the "bad words" *g*.
> How would you start doing that?

Go thru my previous mail
Subkect: [MacEd] Re: macro to save web page as "web page, complete" ?

then see mail.jar!\content\messenger\mailWindowOverlay.js

function MsgSaveAsFile()
{
    if (GetNumSelectedMessages() == 1) {
        SaveAsFile(GetFirstSelectedMessage());
    }
}

function MsgSaveAsTemplate()
{
    var folder = GetLoadedMsgFolder();
    if (GetNumSelectedMessages() == 1) {
        SaveAsTemplate(GetFirstSelectedMessage(), folder);
    }
}

studing this as explained in my previous post

you may also go thru Mario Ivankovits's  "check all folder for new messages" macro