How to write a macro in firebird [MacEd] (Was: Welcome to .....)

macroeditor at mozdev.org macroeditor at mozdev.org
Wed Feb 11 04:19:50 EST 2004

 --- macroeditor at mozdev.org wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am new to this mailling list, and I was wondering if there were ressources
> on how to write a macro in firebire ?

To start with you should know some javascript.
You can try the same examples used JS in HTML

Then goto menu "Tools/Macro/Editor..."
Type in

alert("Hello world")

Give macro name as "Hello"

say ok

in menu "Tools/Macro/Hello"

Then you should know a little bit of XUL
http://xulplanet.com/tutorials/xultu/

Then checkout old messages at
http://mozdev.org/pipermail/macroeditor/2003-December/thread.html
http://mozdev.org/pipermail/macroeditor/
http://mozdev.org/pipermail/macroeditor/2003-December/000026.html

*** Another important thing.***
When ever you start a new topic in e-mail
click "compose" button in mail client
rather than "reply" button.
if you press "reply" button it will continue the old thread.

(similarly, when you continue a thread use "reply" button.
do not use "compose" button at this time)

*** Use proper "Subject" for the topic ***
This make it easy to search in archives

If you are reply to a message with wrong subject
Type a good subject and put "Was:" old message

like :-
How to write a macro in firebird [MacEd] (Was: Welcome to .....)

then the third person should remove
"(Was: Welcome to .....)" part

NJoy