[Project_owners] XUL Channels update

Tim Broddin sirpsycho at fuckhedz.com
Mon Nov 3 20:29:30 EST 2003

"Of our elaborate plans, the end
Of everything that stands, the end
No safety or surprise, the end
I'll never look into your eyes...again"
The Doors - The End

Hi all,

XUL Channels stopped working yesterday. It used too much MySQL queries.
My hosting company politely told me that either I had to drastically cut
down on queries or I had to move to a (semi) dedicated account.

Because of this, I am stopping the XUL Channels project as we knew it. I
will release the source code very soon under the GPL license.

Here, on this domain, I will soon start developing the next generation
of XUL Channels which will be more of a general semantic information
portal built using XUL. I am still thinking about the whole concept but
it will be something where content and presentation is seperated by
plugins on a per user base. Think of it as a very weird RSS reader...
More soon (I hope).

Tim
xulchannels.com