[Project_owners] BitTorrent Project

Robert J. Accettura robert at accettura.com
Fri Nov 7 19:51:49 EST 2003

For anyone looking for a project ;-)

I'm curious about if it's possible to create a BitTorrent client
extension for Mozilla/Firebird.... think about it:

-  Many torrents already exist.  Popular for large downloads
-  Mozilla.org is investigating using torrents for Mozilla releases
-  Could even perform auto-update of Firebird through it in the future

Could integrate it to appear as a regular download (in the download

Written in Python, and open source.(MIT license)

Anyway, just wondering if anyone with some good mozilla experience was
looking for a new project.  Would be pretty cool IMHO.  I'm far from
that level of experience.

Anyway, just a thought.

Robert J. Accettura
robert at accettura.com