[Project_owners] About new SPAM to mailing lists

Chris Neale cdn at mozdev.org
Sun Nov 16 15:51:16 EST 2003

On Sunday 16 November 2003 15:40, Pete Collins wrote:

> > Interesting detail is that I used a new/never used e-mail address to
> > trigger the robot/script, and it worked. They seem to scan our documents
> > for this line:
> >
> > <?php $author='multizilla-owner at mozdev.org'; require(NOTES); ?>
> > <?php $author='multizilla-owner at mozdev.org'; require(NOTES2); ?>
>
> Try:
>
> <?php $author=antiSpam('multizilla-owner at mozdev.org');  require(NOTES2); ?>
>
> It obfuscates the email string.
>
> --pete
>
> > /HJ

that's not the problem, it's unobfuscated in the source file, which is being
read

doing $author=antiSpam('multizilla-owner at mozdev.org'); will mangle the entry,
since it is already encoded in the page

multzilla-owner&#64;mozdev.org or whatever @ is would work [ probably ]

of course it only needs to go to project-owner if you have post to NG / list
off AND you are not subscribed to your own NG / list

--

cdn

http://themes.mozdev.org/