[Project_owners] Mozilla Logo - cioyright question

Brian King brian at mozdev.org
Sat Nov 22 11:03:40 EST 2003

On 22.11.2003 3:58, Kevin Quiggle wrote:

> Can anyone tell me what is considered appropriate and acceptable use of
> the Mozilla "lizard" image/logo/icon? I currently have this image on the
> cover of my (draft) "Introduction to Mozilla" manual. Is this
> acceptable, or should I remove it?
> I was not able to find anything directly addressing this question on the
> www.mozilla.org site.

Here is the licensing page:

There is a contact email there for queries.

Regarding their old images, I think it wasn't mozilla.org that owned
the full rights for them.  This was one of the reasons that prompted the
re-design of their site. The design firm that created the old graphics
gave mozilla.org the rights to use the images unaltered on their own site.

With regards to new artwork, I don't know.

Brian King