[Project_owners] Re: spam on email addresses off of mozdev.org pages

David Boswell davidwboswell at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 24 13:36:07 EST 2003

gagan,

i hope you don't mind, but i'm going to copy the project owners list on
my reply.

we have tried to obscure addresses where possible and we do have spam
assassin running to try to cut down on spam.  part of the problem is
that open source sites have to make contact information public so it's
hard to prevent spammers from abusing our system.  the other part of
the problem is that there aren't enough admins working on the site to
deal with everything that needs to get done with fighting spam.

if anyone is interested in helping us deal with the spam problem, we're
always looking for more people to work with us on admin tasks.  if
you're interested, let us know.

david