[Project_owners] User rights on xpi install files & directories

Eelco van Kuik moz-needlesearch at planet.nl
Wed Sep 3 15:03:59 EDT 2003

Hi Martin,

> Problem is only when you pack the installer under Windows -
> you can pack
> XPI under some Unix and set file permission before packing.

I tried this and set the permissions to 775 of everything (on Mandrake
Linux 9.1)
However when I unzip or unjar it, it has different permissions. When I
install it,
Mozilla gives different permissions to it. I can't reproduce this.

> - or there is possible on Windows via zlib change permission
> in the XPI by
> some script.

But I can't be sure they have zlib installed. Option 1 would therefore
be better.

> - or you can change permission in your installation script
> (look in install.js of the googlebar project).

That's a pretty big file (600 lines). Could you tell me where?

Thanks.

:E