[Project_owners] Overlay to add column to grid?

Erwin Wessels erwin at transpontine.com
Tue Sep 9 16:59:15 EDT 2003

Pete Collins wrote:

> Erwin Wessels wrote:
>
>> Does anybody know how to add a column to a grid in an overlay?
>
> Being in an overlay doesn't matter, once the overlay is loaded and
> inserted into the doc, it is all part of the same DOM tree.
>
>> I tried the straight forward ways (insertafter and position) but it
>> doesn't seem to work. Any clues?
>
> You should be able to use createElement and then insertBefore or
> insertAfter.
>
> Maybe these docs can help:
>
> http://books.mozdev.org/html/mozilla-chp-5-sect-2.html#mozilla-CHP-5-SECT-2.3.5

Hi Pete,

The problem is, I'm trying to do it in a xul file - not from JS. In my
overlay xul file, I want to specify that this new column goes after the
existing columns in the grid. For menu items, this would be
straightforward - <menuitem id="foo" insertafter="bar">..</menuitem>,
but for <column>, this doesn't seem to work.

Cheers,

Erwin

--
This is a signature.