[Project_owners] Perl Wizard

Daniel Fournier dfour at noos.fr
Wed Sep 10 08:25:17 EDT 2003

Perry Smit wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have an intention to build an application to create perl scripts.
>
> Will be an app where you can build the scripts by following wizards in steps.
>
> I was wondering if maybe somoene already busy with such a project,
>
> Because I´m brand new on XUL and auxiallerly more a perl scripter, I  have lurked through the extension, but could not find a nice app which I could use to start with.
>
> Maybe somoene could help me with a start, Im looking for an appp which will create an output file based on some wizards. Any help, idea´s appreciated,
>
> Perry Smit
> Netherlands

Hi Perry,

Have a look at JS Console, which probably do for JavaScript what you
want to do with Perl.
It' not a wizard however but has a multi-panel layout.

Actually, the Code panel could be use to write any kind of code and
instead of calling a JavaScript function eval() to interpret the content
of the code panel, it could be any other function to evaluate a Perl code.

JS Console comes with a handy load/save commands to have persistent code
as well as a code snippet store functionality, implemented with RDF.
Maybe even the JavaScipt Unit testing panel could be adapted to become a
Perl Unit testing...

If you think this could be a workable framework for you, I'll be glad to
colaborate and realise a kind of Perl Console Mozilla/Firebird extension
or even a multi script Console (why not Python after all...).

Cheers,

Daniel