[Project_owners] RE: Blocking "Backmenu"

Devon J velcrospud at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 10 11:52:58 EDT 2003

You can hijack entire functions rather easily.
In your extension's init code do this:

window.<Name of function you want to replace> = <Name of your replacement

Then, whenever the original function was to be called, your own will be
called instead.
If you want an example, look at the code for Download Sort - I replace two
functions with my souped up versions.
window.foundHeaderInfo = ds_foundHeaderInfo;

Note:  I first saw this method in Tabbrowser Preferences.