[Project_owners] RE: Blocking "Backmenu"

Devon J velcrospud at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 10 11:52:58 EDT 2003

You can hijack entire functions rather easily.
In your extension's init code do this:

window.<Name of function you want to replace> = <Name of your replacement
function>;

Then, whenever the original function was to be called, your own will be
called instead.
If you want an example, look at the code for Download Sort - I replace two
functions with my souped up versions.
i.e.
window.foundHeaderInfo = ds_foundHeaderInfo;

Note:  I first saw this method in Tabbrowser Preferences.