[Project_owners] RE: Blocking "Backmenu"

Paradox paradox5555 at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 10 09:56:51 EDT 2003

On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 10:52:58 +0000, Devon J wrote:
> You can hijack entire functions rather easily.
> In your extension's init code do this:
>

> window.<Name of function you want to replace> = <Name of your
> replacement function>
>
> Then, whenever the original function was to be called, your own
> will be called instead.
> If you want an example, look at the code for Download Sort - I
> replace two functions with my souped up versions. i.e.
> window.foundHeaderInfo = ds_foundHeaderInfo;
>
> Note:  I first saw this method in Tabbrowser Preferences.

Ahh thank you very much. I actually figured out another way on my own.
The confusion was apparently caused by the fact that backMenu tends to
sends out both a "command" event and a "click" event on any type of
left click. After realizing this I just had to put in event handlers
for both click and command and I managed to get it working. Your way
may be easier though, I'll have to look in to it.