[Project_owners] Perl Wizard

Daniel Fournier dfour at noos.fr
Thu Sep 11 08:48:36 EDT 2003

Perry Smit wrote:
> Could somebody pointer me to some javascript examples which will read and write to Outlook (express) for example?
> Indeed this moment I talk by Perl between Mozilla and Outlook. Using Javascript could be me more efficient.
> But can´t find some examples where I could start with,
What do you mean by read/write to Outlook?

 From JS Console standpoint you can launch an application with the
following script:

const PROGRAM = '/path/to/outlook.exe';
const PROGRAM_ARGS = []; //put any Outlook arguments in this Array
const RUNNING = false;
var IOProcess = new IO_file_processInstantiator();
IOProcess.setProcess(RUNNING, PROGRAM_ARGS);

Do this script answer to your needs?

BTW: Running this script let me discover a bug in the Mozlib
process_instantiator.js file which wrongly have an __IMPORT__ from:
"chrome://mozide/..." instead of "chrome://mozlib/...".
Please either install the newest JS Console/Mozlib package from Mozdev
or correct this in your
mozlib/content/lib/js/io/file/process_instantiator.js file.