[Project_owners] exchange data between instance

Biju G C bijumaillist at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 12 00:06:10 EDT 2003

 --- Brian King <brian at mozdev.org> wrote:
> Biju G C wrote:
> > I did not get how to use nsIWindowmediator for my purpose
>
> If you know the window type (found using the 'windowtype' attribute on
> the <window> element) of the window you are looking for, thats the
> easiest way to find it.
>
> Nice example here:
> http://lxr.mozilla.org/mozilla/source/browser/base/content/browser.js#2120

thanks, but can I get a collection with same 'windowtype'
rather than a single one using "getMostRecentWindow"

I had some luck in Mozilla by getting windowManager DataSource,
and looping through 'window-1', 'window-2', 'window-3'
this works in mozilla but not in firebird
following is the code:-

windowManagerDS= Components.classes['@mozilla.org/rdf/datasource;1?name=window-mediator']
                            .getService(nsIWindowDataSource);

for(i = 0 ; i < 10;i++){
  try{
   wina= windowManagerDS.getWindowForResource('window-'+i);
   if(wina) alert(i);
 }catch(e){}
}