[Project_owners] Clarification for a SeaMonkey User

Tim Stebbing tim.stebbing at nunatak.com.au
Tue Sep 16 13:14:56 EDT 2003

Neil Deakin wrote:

>> I know people who tried to use XUL and liked it, but for these
>> limitations and for the lack of clear documentations (xul planet is
>> not enought they ask for something like the PHP Manual)
>

> Do you mean like the PHP manual because you want a User Notes section?
> Or do you mean a place to add examples? The latter was added four months
> ago and only one submission has ever been received (which was promptly
> added to the site).
>
> I rarely receive feedback about xulplanet's documentation, even when the
> contact link is working. Usually, it's just people asking why something
> they've written doesn't work. If there's something you would like
> documented, please say so. I have time to write such things.
>
> / Neil

A link at the bottom of each page to add a comment/example would make it
alot easier, and probably more attractive to someone with some info to
share who is browsing the site. You could still moderate it before it
gets posted, but a clear separation of user notes/examples at the bottom
of each page, and perhaps a:

No user comments for this area [add a comment]

link would be cool too.

-tjs

ps: here is some feedback, xulplanet rocks, without it I would not be
writing XUL at all, Id have gone and started using something like GTK.