[Project_owners] Clarification for a SeaMonkey User

David Fraser davidf at sjsoft.com
Tue Sep 16 14:39:43 EDT 2003

Ben Bucksch wrote:

> David Fraser wrote:
>
>> there have been some good suggestions (like multi-language XPCOM
>> things) that should be suggested there
>

> You are aware that there *are* (more or less complete) XPCOM bindings
> for Perl, Python and Ruby? They are just not shipped by default,
> probably because the average browser user doesn't need them and the
> average web developer can use JavaScript on the client side anyways.
>
> <http://www.mozilla.org/catalog/architecture/xpcom/>

Yes I am aware of this. Have you used them? Is it possible to use these
languages as handlers for events, if these bindings are present?
Is it possible to create a build of Mozilla (either Seamonkey or *bird)
that includes these bindings and can use them to implement handlers?
I haven't been able to find this out when reading the available
documentation

David