[Project_owners] A MozDev Mission Statement?

Neil Deakin enndeakin at sympatico.ca
Tue Sep 16 22:39:14 EDT 2003

Pete Collins wrote:

>> MADBird sounds great, but its a build, not a fork, and from Firebird,
>> not seamonkey.
>> We should start the build as a Mozdev project, madbird.mozdev.org,
>> and every other project owner should have some buy-in. Build it and
>> they will come ;)
> Yea, I agree. it might make sense just to import a stable Mozilla
> branch onto Mozdev and just start. We all know what needs to get done.

Could you reiterate those things 'we all know' just for the sake of
those like me that don't?

You want to make a GRE/MRE using a particular build of Mozilla? Is this
an attempt to make a GRE/MRE but without the mozilla module
ownership/review process? If so, I don't think there are that many
backend developers for that to be realistically possible.

/ Neil