[Project_owners] MAD Mission

massey massey at stlouis-shopper.com
Thu Sep 18 11:41:31 EDT 2003

Pete said:

> As Axel pointed out 1.4x is a long lived stable branch. Then 1.4x it is.
>
> As far as i'm concerned there is more than enough in Mozilla to build
> a robust xp toolkit that can compete w/ GTK and or QT etc.
>
> While mozilla.org focuses on building robust browsers and mail
> clients, this effort can focus solely on mozilla the stable
> toolkit/platform.

I agree 100%.

May I suggest as a first step we talk about build config's as applies to
using moz-1.4 as an application 'platform'? Here is a starter .mozconfig:
 # sh
# Build configuration script
#
# See http://www.mozilla.org/build/unix.html for build instructions.
#

# Options for 'configure' (same as command-line options).
ac_add_options --disable-freetype2
ac_add_options --disable-tests
ac_add_options --disable-debug
ac_add_options --disable-ldap
ac_add_options --disable-mailnews
ac_add_options --disable-composer

#ac_add_options --enable-mathml
#ac_add_options --enable-svg
#ac_add_options --enable-extensions
#ac_add_options --enable-crypto
#ac_add_options --enable-logrefcnt

#ac_add_options --without-system-nspr
#ac_add_options --without-system-zlib
#ac_add_options --without-system-jpeg
#ac_add_options --without-system-png
#ac_add_options --without-system-mng

I have put this on the mozdev-wiki so that if some one has any ideas or
knows more config options they can edit the script . Here's the link: