[Project_owners] status report

Raj Saini raj.saini at bttlindia.com
Mon Sep 22 13:06:19 EDT 2003

*Hi Devid,

Below is the proejct update for jsbeep.mozdev.org. Please include it in
your status report for *mozillazine.

Raj Saini
*jjsBEEP* is a JavaScript implementation of *Block Extensible Exchange
Protocol (BEEP)*. BEEP is generic application protocol kernel for
connection-oriented, asynchronous interactions. BEEP is documented in
RFC 3080 of IETF. Mapping the BEEP Core onto TCP are documented in RFC
3081. To learn more about BEEP please visit BEEP Comunity site .

The *jsBEEP* is a client side implementation of BEEP protocol in
JavaScript. It is still in early alpha stage. You can get a copy of code
from cvs. Look at the beep-test.js in cvs for ussage of the library.
This example have a echo profile implemented You can can use the Echo
Profile as a template for your own profiles.

jjsBEEP is intended to be used with mozilla based stand alone
applications. I am using it for Stock Trading client application.
However it should also be possible to use it from mozilla browser for
async, connection oriented interections. For example, you can show the
real time stock prices from a BEEP server updated on your web page tick
by tick