[Project_owners] Offline Detection in Mozilla

HJ bugs4hj at netscape.net
Tue Sep 23 15:00:50 EDT 2003

Geoff Smith <geoff at stumbleupon.com> wrote:
>Can someone tell me how a mozilla extension can detect if mozilla is browsing offline?  There must be a way to do this, I just can't seem to find it.
>Geoff Smith
>geoff at stumbleupon.com

George, think about this, LXR is your friend!

Now, there are two visual indicators in mozilla for this. First there is menu/file/work on-offline and secondly you have this little status icon on the status bar. So what should you do instead of asking? Right, open navigator.xul and you locate this line:

<statusbarpanel class="statusbarpanel-iconic" id="offline-status"/>

Now use LXR to search for "offline-status" Here's a link for it:
http://lxr.mozilla.org/seamonkey/search?string=offline-status

...this part might be interesting for you:
http://lxr.mozilla.org/seamonkey/source/xpfe/communicator/resources/content/utilityOverlay.js#80

Regards,
/HJ