[Project_owners] Uninstall - file delete

Biju G C bijumaillist at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 26 15:39:41 EDT 2003

 --- Erwin Wessels <erwin at transpontine.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In creating an uninstall script run from my (TB) extension, I've
> succeeded in doing everything _except_ deleting my jar (i.e.
> chrome/quickreply.jar). When I try to do that, I get an access denied
> error. Clues?

Try deleteing jar after disabling the extension and then restarting (Moz/Fb/Tb)

If that works,
First give a message to user to disable the extension then do uninstall

One thing I am pissed off is,
why moz/fb/tb (or the OS) locks a jar
(or any file) while viewing/reading it !!!
We dont lock the webpages at the webserver while browsing it.