[Project_owners] Note from a spammer in Notes

Pete Collins pete at mozdev.org
Sun Sep 28 11:55:04 EDT 2003

HJ wrote:
> Pete Collins <pete at mozdev.org> wrote:
>
>>Here it is from a spammer. They are manually posting their links: Read
>>their goal below.
>>
>>>Hi! I really liked yor site - congratulations, it really made me think, and now my life is complete!
>>>
>>>Oh - and that pop up window? Hmmm.. Lets see, I am here to spam all of the mozdev sites, and *now* your going to appeal to my conscience? (sp?) Tell you what, I'll post my spammy link, and then go and contemplate my actions while Google spiders your pages and gets my spammy site up in the serps!
>>
>>Pete Collins
>

> Pete,
>
> What a lame ... Btw, what is the URL to his site? I would love to take a closer look :D

Agree.

Chris (cdn) and I are looking into removing links. I working on a script
that will clean all the notes of these spam links. Also as someone
suggested,  I am working on only linking mozilla network sites.

All other links will appear (if they make it though) in plain text.

This is the last main front of Mozdev abuse.

--pete

--
Pete Collins
www.mozdev.org