[Project_owners] Uninstall - file delete

HJ bugs4hj at netscape.net
Mon Sep 29 09:12:46 EDT 2003

Erwin Wessels <erwin at transpontine.com> wrote:
>HJ wrote:
>>Jed <jedbro at gmx.net> wrote:
>>>>
>>>Sounds nice :)
>>>I don't know how far along you are on your endevour, but you might want
>>>to check out Piro's extensions Unregister
>>>(A very nice, easy to use un-installer). It also doesn't delete the .jar
>>>file.
>>>But unregisters all RDF listings/overlays and prefs used by the extension.
>>>http://white.sakura.ne.jp/~piro/xul/lib/exUnregisterer.js
>>>I use it in quicknote if you want to see how to implement it.
>>>Cheers
>>
>>What? I feel sick. I wrote that over a year ago for DevEdge. Doron even used it, fucking hell what an idiot. That's the second pulls tricks like that!
>>
>Hmm.. I've actually included that lib in the Quick Reply extension -
>with the name in the source taking credit under the uninstall button. If
>it was you instead, I'd be more than happy to change the name - just let
>me know.
>Cheers,
>Erwin

No, I don't want that. He obviously copied my source, again, and made it a javascript 'class' but I didn't, so technical it's not 100% the same. Also note that it's not about getting my name in other project, no need, but people gotta respect other peoples hard work. They can't just copy it and put their name in it, after moving/renaming code, because it's 'open' aka steal freeware source!

/HJ