[Project_owners] Uninstall - file delete

Erwin Wessels erwin at transpontine.com
Mon Sep 29 16:57:21 EDT 2003

HJ wrote:

>Erwin Wessels <erwin at transpontine.com> wrote:
>

>>HJ wrote:

>>>What? I feel sick. I wrote that over a year ago for DevEdge. Doron even used it, fucking hell what an idiot. That's the second pulls tricks like that!
>>>

>>Hmm.. I've actually included that lib in the Quick Reply extension -
>>with the name in the source taking credit under the uninstall button. If
>>it was you instead, I'd be more than happy to change the name - just let
>>me know.
>>Cheers,
>>Erwin
>>

>No, I don't want that. He obviously copied my source, again, and made it a javascript 'class' but I didn't, so technical it's not 100% the same. Also note that it's not about getting my name in other project, no need, but people gotta respect other peoples hard work. They can't just copy it and put their name in it, after moving/renaming code, because it's 'open' aka steal freeware source!

IC. I believe in credit when credit's due, though, so if you want that,
I'll include your name as well. 'based on', or s'thing. If you don't
want that, it's fine by me, I mean, bottom line for me is that it works
(and it does - and that God for that, it makes things a lot easier).

At this point I was going to say something about a general uninstaller
of extensions, but checking Bugzilla I found out that it's quite a
mess... So I won't.

-E

--
This is a signature.