[Project_owners] Aligning text of labels and textboxes

Jaap A. Haitsma jaap at haitsma.org
Tue Mar 2 08:51:12 EST 2004

Hi,

normally the text of a label and the text of a textbox are not aligned.
According to documentation on xulplanet I should use align="baseline" to
get it aligned.

So when I have this code.

   <hbox align="baseline">
     <label control="dictionarysearch_menuitem_label2"
value="&dictionarysearch_menuitem.value;"/>
     <textbox id="dictionarysearch_menuitem_label2" size="30" tabindex="3"/>
     <label control="dictionarysearch_menuitem_accesskey2"
value="&dictionarysearch_menuitem.accesskey;"/>
     <textbox id="dictionarysearch_menuitem_accesskey2" size="1"
maxlength="1" tabindex="4"/>
   </hbox>

the labels and textboxes do not get aligned on their text. Actually
it's getting way worse. The textboxes are way below the labels.

Am I doing something wrong??

Jaap

BTW I'm seeing this in firefox under linux