[Project_owners] version number

Biju G C bijumaillist at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 14 14:46:30 EST 2004

 --- Daniel Wang <stolenclover at yahoo.com.tw> wrote:
>   1. Numerical increment for version release, e.g. 1.3.1
>
> I'd even recommand that we enforce this rule in Independent Status
> Update, e.g. refuse to run any update with version name such as "1.3a"

I hate version numbers because it is confusing.
And not easy to remember (for me)
I like to identify a release by time,
or specifically "things" with an event.

example 1 month back release, or exactly,
the release when I was doing xxxyyy project.
or the release before I went for vacation/xyz holiday

I get around this by making the version number
format as yyyy.mmdd.0
when I want to make another release immediately I wait for a day
But if it is urgent I make one with format yyyy.mmdd.1 etc

so pl. dont ask me to change my format