[Project_owners] thunderbird compose window - popupmenu

Jamie Bliss astronouth7303 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 17:36:45 EDT 2005

Michael Johnston wrote:
> it must be overlaying as the second bit appears in the context menu
>
>    <popup id="msgComposeContext">
>                        <menu id="signature-menu" position="3"
>
> contents.rdf has
>  <!-- t-bird composer window -->
>    <RDF:Seq about="chrome://messenger/content/messengercompose/messengercompose.xul">
>     <RDF:li>chrome://signature/content/signatureMailOverlay.xul</RDF:li>
>   </RDF:Seq>
>
> but i don't know what an overlay info directory is, please enlighten me.

It's either <Thunderbird>/chrome/overlayinfo or
<Profile>/chrome/overlayinfo. You would want to check
messenger/content/overlays.rdf. (I have had issues when modifying the
chrome directly and overlayinfo isn't updated).

I would begin to suspect that certain parts of the overlay aren't
working. What happens if you remove the hidden="true"? Is it contained
by an ID? What if you were to place a bright-red element after it? Find
  a sign that the overlays are overlaying.

--Jamie