[Webmail] Hotmail component redownloads whole inbox

Anthony mozdev at as.eclipse.co.uk
Tue Sep 13 09:41:55 EDT 2005

Hello list,

I have been enjoying the fruit of the Webmail extension for a couple of
weeks now. My setup is:

Webmail 0.3.4
Hotmail 0.4.3
Thunderbird 1.0.6
WinXP Pro

I've searched through the list archives for similar issues but have not
found any regarding this one, so I decided to post. I hope you can help.

My particular problem is the Hotmail component sometimes decides to
redownload my entire inbox, even though it has already done so several
times before.

I cannot reproduce this behaviour at will. At first I thought it
happened after a reboot or after deleting all the downloaded messages,
but neither seem to work consistently. It appears to happen randomly,
and as such I cannot predict when I should display the console.

This does not happen every time I restart Thunderbird.

I am not deleting any files that might be storing references to already
downloaded emails, although I am emptying trash in the Thunderbird account.

Is this a known issue?

Many thanks,
Anthony